You Can't Go Through Life Looking Through The Review Mirror.

Appliance Direct

| | Wednesday, May 19, 2010
|



















Well, I’ve finally figured out what the one thing I don’t like about Europe and Cannes: figuring out how to use European appliances. Whether it’s flipping a door lock the other way or trying to use the dishwasher or even trying to open a door itself. Well tonight showed itself the toughest challenge of them all, trying to use the washing machine. As Tom Garrett says, “You need a P.H.D to try and figure out how to use these things”. So I went to open the washer door and had zero clue that it was full of water. I opened the door and the floodgates just opened. It felt like an epic movie scene trying to close the washer door so that the water would stop pouring out. It finally shut and there was water everywhere. We only had 2-3 towels in the room so I had to find a big bed sheet to clean it all up. It was by the far the biggest epic fail of the whole trip so far. Thankfully it has to do with my living situation, not my internship.

The craziness at Summit has slowed down just a little bit. But things will gear up again as we get ready for their Fair Game Premiere, Thursday. The CEO of Summit got into Cannes today and I was able to meet him. It’s quite remarkable the amount high-end people I’ve met despite still being a student. The highlight of my day today was being treated to lunch by my sweet boss, Deborah. She took us the Majestic Beach restaurant located on the beach in Cannes. It was absolutely beautiful and I didn’t feel worthy to be at such a ritzy place. Deborah actually told me today that the reason she picked me for this internship was because of my opening statement in my resume. This flattered me very much and it was encouraging to hear that this business is not all about experience. She has been an amazing boss and such a joy to work with, I’m so blessed to have met her, yet alone work for her. She is very willing to help me in my career. The Fair Game screening is this week so stay tuned for those events!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers