You Can't Go Through Life Looking Through The Review Mirror.
| | Saturday, May 22, 2010
|















In my last post, I talked about all of the days seeming like groundhog day. Well if I could have picked any day to groundhog day, it would have been yesterday. My boss gave me the day off and I was finally able to sleep in a little bit. My friend Keith and I were then invited to go out on a small boat to a St. Margarit island about 15 minutes away. The boatride was one of those times where I just paused and took everything in. I could see the city of Cannes off in the distance with the backdrop of the mountains and surrounding me were million dollar yachts in the water. This was just first of the many moments I took in during the day.

Upon arriving to the island we ate at a restaurant on the beach called La Guerite and it was amazing. I had my first taste of calamari as well as completely fresh fish that was caught that day from the sea. I’m normally not a huge fish guy but this was the best fish I’ve ever eaten. After the meal was done, let’s just say the check cost more than Keith and I have in our bank accounts combined.

Keith and I then changed into our swimsuits and went to explore a little bit. We started climbing around all the rocks surrounding the island and we ended up finding this small cove. The scenery was so gorgeous and it almost felt like a dream to witness all that we were seeing. Afterwards we decided to suck it up and swim in the freezing cold ocean. The water was too beautiful and being in the south side of France made it a must to jump in. The water was even colder than I expected and it took the wind out of me. It was crystal clear enough to see the bottom but I could barely enjoy it because I was so cold. After getting out as soon as I could, it was great to catch some sunrays and just think about everything happening on the trip.

Once we finished drying we took a speedboat back to the mainland and it was time to get ready for the Fair Game premiere. It was my fifth and final time going up the red carpet and it was a little bittersweet knowing it would be the last one. The movie was pretty good and the fact that it’s a true story made it very compelling. I actually fell asleep for 20 minutes and it marked that every movie I’ve seen in the Grand Lumiere theatre this festival I’ve fallen asleep at. The chairs are so comfy and it’s so dark it’s hard not to fall asleep after a long days work.

When the screening was over we headed over to the Fair Game afterparty. Naomi Watts and Doug Liman were in attendance and Keith and I set our goal to meet Miss Watts. We finally found her as she was leaving and Keith stepped up to the plate and asked her if we could get “one last picture” before she left. She thought about it for a second and agreed. I told her I worked for Summit and was very nice even though we spent probably only two minutes together. Even though she looks a little old, she is still very gorgeous and beautiful. We really have no idea how many high class people were at that party last night.

After the party was over we met up with some people from our class and found another party and the DJ was killin’ it. He was playing all house music and doing a really great job at mixing. Keith, Jessie and I got up on the couches and the tables and started dancing and going crazy. The DJ started playing Billie Jean and Keith started busting out his MJ moves. It was truly an amazing day, from the beach, to red carpet to all the after parties. I am seriously having the most incredible time of my life right now. I have never even been “hooked up” like this ever in my life. My boss even said, “What you’re experiencing is not a normal Cannes experience.” It is so astonishing to hear that and humbling to be apart of Summit Entertainment and benefit from working hard for them. This trip has been beyond anything I could ever imagine. If you had told me the experiences I would be able to do during this time I would never have believed you. The Lord has blessed me beyond what I could ever dream. It’s been so great to see all of my hard work pay off. Stuff with Summit is pretty much all wrapped up, so I will be able to enjoy a couple days of vacation. I’m looking to go explore the town a little more and go to the beach again. It’s Keith 21st birthday tomorrow and we’re looking to go to an exclusive club called VIP where 50 cent will be playing. It should be a great last night in Cannes. I don’t want to come home, but I know this is not real life so the train has to stop eventually. I’ll be sad once its over but it will be good back to reality and take everything I’ve learned and apply it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers