You Can't Go Through Life Looking Through The Review Mirror.

Opening Night Of Cannes

| | Thursday, May 13, 2010
|








Wow. What an amazing opening night to the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. Ridley Scott's Robin Hood was set to opening the festival and was basically sold out before it opened. There was two screenings available, the 7pm Premiere where all the stars would be and the later 11:30 show. I was not able to get a ticket for either showing and was really bummed out because that was one of the main movies I wanted to see.

So my boss at Summit Entertainment found out and told me to take the CEO's pass to try and get a ticket for the 11:30 show. I made the request and the told me to come back in an hour. So I came back and the lady told me they were able to get a ticket for the 7pm Premiere!! At this time it was 5:45pm and I needed to be in line for the movie at 6pm for a 7:10pm showing. So I sprint back to my apartment, throw on my tux in 10 minutes and spring back to the Red Carpet in 15 minutes. I'm absolutely drenched in sweat and I hand the guy my ticket and BOOM! there I am on the Red Carpet, in Cannes for the opening night of Robin Hood, all by myself. It was truly unbelievable and hard to believe.

From there, I went inside, wiped all the sweat off and found my seat in the nose bleed of the Gala theatre. They then introduced the jurors for the Festival, including Vencio Del Torre, Kate Beckensale and head juror, Tim Burton.

The movie began and it was quite good, not as good as Gladiator but still very entertaining and Russell Crowe is still as good as ever.

Today I was able to see the new Step Up movie which is very good and in 3D. Afterwards, I got to meet the director of it, John Chu and he was a very nice and some cool stuff to say about filming and shooting the movie.

Tomorrow, I'm working the market screening of the new Twilight movie: Eclipse and will hopefully be able to catch some of it. I will also be attending the premiere of Oliver Stone's Wallstreet starring Michael Douglass and Shia LaBeouf. It's been a crazy first few days and hopefully more stuff to come. I'm working very hard but the rewards are paying off. Stay tuned for more the adventures that lay ahead of me!!


2 comments:

Joanie said...

Unbelievable!!! Good thing you're in such good shape!!!! LOL

Becca Christensen said...

Spiffy. I like.

B

Post a Comment

 

Followers